Monday, February 10, 2014

Post Baby Body

There is a serious misconception of what a woman's body looks like after having a baby. With my first son Ryder I gained 65 lbs. I didn't have any plan in place on how to lose it other than a Belly Bandit and that wasn't really a plan it was something I saw online and thought would "fix me" but in reality it was my head that needed fixing. How could I be so down on my body before it had even been transformed from a baby making machine to a Mom. I think like many people I was so confused about what life was about as a first time Mother and as a woman, it's so unfortunate that we are as fixated on what we look like rather than the content of our life.

That being said this time I had a MUCH different approach to my during/after baby life, it's all about perspective! I have no idea if I will ever have more children so I was determined to be smitten with my pregnancy (with the exception of morning sickness, lack of sleep, and pain caused by stretching) and really wanted to embrace my ever growing body. I tried to take extra care of my body while pregnant and limited myself to indulgences and tried to be "healthy" I had anticipated working out while pregnant but that didn't happen.... AT ALL! I felt awful so I was extra careful about the types of food I was putting into my body, towards the end I was a little more careless but I tried!

After Baby Body



Well after having little Crew I have been more than in love with being a mommy all over again! I have been so focused on really being the mom who gets up at every peep in the middle of the night and does less running around if that's what baby wants. It's amazing the difference. I wore my belly bandit until I grew too small for it and only wish I had purchased a size smaller like I was considering before having him. I've also been adamant about taking my placenta pills, both are supposed to aide in the shrinking of your uterus and the bandit is also supposed to help with your posture (which I find I could really use while nursing).


3 Weeks
Now I'm mentally ready to start some sort of physical exercise but I haven't been given the green light from the doctor so if I ever find extra time to do so I will most likely be doing some light light light exercise. Probably lunges, squats, leg lifts, planks but no crunches or anything like that. I can still feel my ab muscles separated and I do have a lot of extra skin I'm waiting on time to shrink up... at least some. Overall I'm pretty thankful for the physical appearance of my after baby body but more than that I am so incredibly grateful for the after baby mindset. I was so prepared to be more involved in parenting and less self involved and I made that a reality. The best part of parenting is parenting and I can finally enjoy that!
Life is literally as wonderful as you make it and I've made two amazing human beings with my extremely supportive and loving husband and couldn't be more blessed than I am! Thanks for reading and...
Catch Ya Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment