Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

[Psssst I made a Catch Carmen Facebook Page! HERE]

Friday was pretty normal... Snuggles dinner and then I got a text from a good friend Peggen that she was making pumpkin pie (with coconut milk!) and watching World War Z. Well obviously all 
I heard was pumpkin pie and didn't even know what World War Z was, until we got there and my stomach was cramping so bad from being scared that I couldn't eat any pie :( That movie is seriously freaky! Ryder and I looked at pictures and videos on my phone and opted out of watching it. Hahaha not a kid friendly movie, clearly!




Saturday Brandon had such a busy schedule he left around 7:20 and wasn't home until dark. Ryder and I had made plans with a few of or friends to go to Lattins and feed some barnyard animals and have done hot spiced cider and fritters.. Mmm we had looked forward to this most of the week (well I did) Saturday we almost had record rain fall, being from Washington rain doesn't stop us.. usually. It was pouring down so bad we could only get our doughnuts and cider and hit the road. We were soaked before we walked from car to market. What a mess. Once we were back home and in dry clothes I started a little fire and put down some electrical tape on the carpet for Ryder to play hopscotch on, he was totally entertained and then he started moving the strips and making his own picture. After a forced nap time we had some linner (lunch/dinner) and made a white sauce, ricotta, and spinach lasagna! It was my first time using noodles you don't have to pre-cook a little and it was so good! We had such a nice surprise Brandon got home HOURS before we thought he would because of all the flooding and rain!! We spent a nice night at home just relaxing and hiding out from the rain. 


 


Sunday was the BIG GAME! We were all in anticipation of another SEAHAWKS WIN! After dropping Brandon off at his brother Jeremie's house we went to deliver doughnuts to a few of our favorite people before a fun play date planned by my gorgeous friend Chana. Well we got there and let the boys settle in and we caught up then the real fun began, DECORATING PUMPKIN COOKIES, I'm pretty sure they ate more than intended but it was fun none the less. With all the sugar in them they needed to run, since it was so wet a miserable they did laps in the house... unfortunately Ryder tripped and went face first into their dining room table leg. Chana was quick to the rescue she had two butterfly band aids, gauze, and a large band aid over it before I could blink! We called Brandon from her phone (of course this happens on the day I forgot my phone at home) and told him to meet us at the hospital. I held Ry's hand while I drove us there and he held blanky tight while giving out a few little sobs here and there, my tough little guy. We got to the hospital and were seen within probably 15 minutes, about 45 minutes later we were leaving with 7 stitches in his little forehead. Suck a trooper, the nurse gave him some chocolate pudding for being so brave and Mommy had a glow in the dark sticker for this little booger. We spent the rest of the day snuggling and reading books and watching only his programs. I'd say he got spoiled. 

The gash before they did anything:
Waiting on the "magic jelly" to numb his skin:

7 Amazing Stitches later:

My mantel looking a little bare yet, I need pumpkins:

Halloween Chalkboard inspired by Harry Potter & Pinterest:

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting weekend! You're such a good mom ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exciting to say the least! So thankful to have such a tough little guy! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. You are such a good mommy!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww thanks G! I'm pretty lucky I have such an awesome kid to parent and such good friends as examples (i.e. YOU).

      Delete